For the Galette
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (9-inch) store bought pie crust (Trader Joe’s has a great frozen pie crust dough)
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons turbino sugar (raw sugar)
For the Marscapone Filling
- 1 (8ounce) tub of marscapone, softened (Trader Joe’s has yummy marscapone!)
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Galette:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour berries into a medium bowl, sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar over berries, stir to combine and set aside.
- On a piece of parchment paper cut to fit a cookie sheet.
- Roll dough into a 12×12-inch circle.
- Spread the lemon mascarpone 1-inch from the edge of the rolled pie crust.
- Pour prepared berries over filling.
- Fold up edges, brush on egg yolk and sprinkle on the turbino sugar.
- Bake 45minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
TIP: To avoid dripping on the bottom of the oven, use a baking pan with an edge or place another cookie sheet under the one with the galette.
For the Marscapone Filling:
- The marscapone should be soft enough to use a spoon.
- Mix together the Marscapone, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar.